BUILDING CODE UPDATED REFERENCES
As you know there are Updated References to Standards Cited in the Building Code Acceptable Solutions and Verification Method documents. Theses will become mandatory on 14 August 2014.
Masterspec has now updated work sections to comply with most of these items.
Although there have been a large number of changes, most of the changes have had only minor effect on the work sections. The significant changes in the Code and those that prompted further changes are:
- NZBC B1/AS1 now recognises the more recent version of NZS 4229: 2013 Concrete masonry buildings not requiring specific engineering design. It also recognises the new version of CCANZ CP 01: 2014, Code of practice for weathertight concrete and concrete masonry construction, which is the means of complying with NZBC E2/AS3. These now provide more options for masonry veneers.
- NZBC G13/AS2 and E1/AS1 has some requirements for trenching for drains in proximity to buildings related to NZS 4229 and NZS 3604.
- NZBC B1/AS1 and NZS 4229 and NZS 3604 have further prompted more description of welded wire mesh for slabs designed under these Standards.
- Due to Gas Regulation requirements, Masterspec gas sections have used AS/NZS 5601.1: 2010, Gas Installations - general installations, instead of the old NZS 5261. The Code has now stopped citing the old standard and moved to AS/NZS 5601.1: 2010. This means that the Masterspec sections now align with the Regulations and the Acceptable Solutions. Note, there is a 2013 version of AS/NZS 5601.1, but this is not cited in anywhere yet.
- There is a new version of NZBC D2/AS2, called, Platform lifts and low speed lifts, and it uses the StandardNZS 4334 Platform lifts and low-speed lifts. Masterspec already used NZS 4334 in the section 7910 LIFT - LOW SPEED OR PLATFORM, but now the section and the Acceptable Solution align.
To view more on the changes go to: