MBIE PRODUCT ASSURANCE SEMINARS FOR ALL SUPPLIERS AND MANUFACTURERS
The following is the text of a press release from the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
We invite you to attend a free product assurance seminar presented by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) – learn about the legal requirements for building product manufacturers and suppliers under the Building Act and how to comply with them.
The Building Act (Section 14G) requires building product manufacturers and suppliers to ensure that their product will comply with relevant Building Code clauses, provided it is installed in accordance with the information they provide. Both specifiers and Building Consent Authorities (councils) rely on information provided by product manufacturers and suppliers to satisfy themselves the product is fit for purpose.
MBIE can help you work out what information you need to provide and the best format to present it in. Getting this right will not only ensure you meet the legal requirements, but can also significantly improve your product’s acceptance in the market.
Who should attend?
- Chief Executives, senior technical staff, senior marketing staff
Where and when (all seminars are from 11am – 1.30pm):
- Tea and coffee will be available from 10.40am and a working lunch provided during the seminar.
- Tuesday 3rd May – Albany (QBE) Stadium, North Shore
- Wednesday 4th May – ASB Showgrounds, Greenlane
- Thursday 5th May – Trinity Wharf Conference Centre
- Tuesday 10th May –Addington Raceway
- Thursday 12th May – Dowse Art Museum, Lower Hutt
- Overview of the building regulation system, legal requirements for product manufacturers and suppliers and guidance on how to comply
- Supplier success story – case study
- Workshop on preparing product information in the recommended format (product technical statement, or PTS)
- A better understanding of what’s required of product manufacturers and suppliers under our building and trading laws
- Tips and tools for showing compliance with the Building Code
- How to produce the right information, in the right format, and in the most cost effective way
- Hands-on experience of developing a product technical statement
To register for this free seminar just click here
If you need any further information, please contact us at email@example.com or ring 0800 242 243. You can also find out more at www.building.govt.nz/product-assurance
We look forward to seeing you at the seminars!
www.govt.nz - your guide to finding and using New Zealand government services