NEW SECTIONS FOR MASTERSPEC BASIC AND INTERIORS USERS
The Masterspec Basic section 3820 CARPENTRY and the sections based on it (3831 INTERIOR TIMBERWORK in Masterspec Interiors and 3820L LASERFRAME® CARPENTRY in Masterspec Basic) have always covered timber framing plus a range of "other items" like
- floors (T&G, particleboard, plywood, fibre cement)
- decking boards
- plywood (bracing, sarking, membrane underlay)
- flooring underlays
However, over time some these "other items" have been covered by their own more detailed separate generic and/or branded sections, leading to an "other items" subject being partly in Carpentry and partly somewhere else in the specification, or worse to conflicting information in two places.
Next month Masterspec will launch completely revised versions of these work sections where the "other items" have been either deleted if a separate section existed, or split out if no section was available. This has meant the creation of one new section and a number of existing sections being made newly available to Basic and Interiors.
This month, in preparation for the carpentry related sections, we are releasing and making available these "other items" sections.
- 5430 WOOD BASED SHEET FLOORS (Basic) - relates to particleboard and plywood sheet floors over timber framing (existing 5431 PARTICLEBOARD FLOORS or 5433 PLYWOOD FLOORS for Interiors).
- 4337 PLYWOOD ROOFING AND DECKING SUBSTRATE (added to Basic) - relates to plywood sheet for sarking, membrane & roofing underlay etc.
- 4383 TIMBER DECKING (added to Basic) - relates to softwood or hardwood spaced boarding for exterior decks.
- 5151 INTERIOR TRIM (added to Basic) - relates to simple interior trim including timber, MDF, plastic, metal.
- 5432 TIMBER STRIP FLOORS (added to Basic) - relates to the supply and fixing of tongue and grooved narrow boards as a floor.
- 3827E ECOPLY® PLYWOOD BRACING SYSTEM (added to Interiors) - relates to plywood sheet for structural wall bracing:
EXISTING RELATED SECTIONS
- 4337E ECOPLY® ROOFING AND DECKING and 5433E ECOPLY® FLOORS for plywood sheet for floors, sarking, membrane & roofing underlay etc.
- 5438 series of branded sections relates to fibre cement floors.
- 6192 FLOORING SUBSTRATE PREPARATION - relates to the preparation of a flooring substrate, including sheet underlays/overlays, for floor coverings (also 6192H JAMES HARDIE TILE AND SLATE UNDERLAY)
- 7555 series of branded sections relates to the supply and installation of gas fireplaces.
- 7556 SOLID FUEL SPACE HEATING SYSTEM - relates to supply and installation of solid fuel burning, fireplaces (also 7556F THE FIREPLACE WOOD FIRES and 7556W WARMINGTON SOLID FUEL FIRES).
If you are preparing a specification this month (September) using Carpentry or the related sections, we recommend using the new/newly available and existing related sections where applicable. This will make next month's transition easier.