UPDATES TO THE MASTERSPEC ELECTRICAL SECTIONS
Published 1 June 2016
Recently we have made a few small updates to the Masterspec electrical sections to keep up with legislation and recent trends. These include:
- Updates to the new version of the Electricity (Safety) Regulations 2010 (Reprint as at 4 April 2016)
- Certified Design replaces the old Declaration of Conformity for design by an electrical engineer or electrician. (see below for details)
- Provide an Electrical Safety Certificate (ESC) adjusted to, no later than 20 working days after connection and prior to Practical Completion.
- RCD specific installations updated plus with added guidance on 10mA RCD for socket outlets for medical equipment used in patient treatment.
- LED (light emitting diode) interior and exterior lighting added, from recessed almost anywhere to strip lights
- CFL (Compact fluorescent lamp) interior and exterior lighting added
All Masterspec electrical sections that required updating have now been updated as necessary.
Certified Design replaces the old Declaration of Conformity for design by an electrical engineer or electrician. Certified Design is not always required by the Electricity (Safety) Regulations 2010 but in some cases is mandatory. This is a little complex but generally works as follows:
Certified Design is not required for:
- Low risk work to Electrical (Safety) Regulations, reg 6A (1), some maintenance, replacement and low risk work on existing installations
- Domestic installations, low or extra low voltage, to Electrical (Safety) Regulations, reg 59 (1) to (5)
Certified Design is mandatory for:
- Low or extra low voltage that can only be constructed to Part 1 AS/NZS 3000
- High Voltage
7741 LIGHT FITTINGS now re-published as 7741 LIGHTING
Existing section 7741 LIGHT FITTINGS has had a title change to 7741 LIGHTING (in Services, Structural & Civil), and has substantial additions to the contents, including:
- CFL (Compact fluorescent lamp) interior and exterior luminaires added
- LED (light emitting diode) new interior and exterior luminaires added
- LED lamp replacement modules have been added, that is LED replacement lamps into existing non-LED luminaires