TRAFFIC SIGNS AND ROAD MARKINGS
1 July, 2017
For some time Masterspec has used the NZ Transport Agency (NZTA) documents:
- MOTSAM.1: NZTA Manual of traffic signs and markings - Part 1: traffic signs
- MOTSAM.2: NZTA Manual of traffic signs and markings - Part 2: markings
However these are gradually being replaced by this document:
- NZTA TCD Manual: Traffic Control Devices Manual
The NZTA TCD Manual has been in development for nearly 10 years and a lot of work is planned but not completed. Some of the items in MOTSAM.1 and MOTSAM.2 are now covered in NZTA TCD Manual, but not all and not in full. This means any reference involving these documents, depending on detailed requirements, may involve just the MOTSAM documents or just the TCD Manual, or a combination of the two. While not ideal it's difficult to avoid until the TCD Manual is completed.
As a result of this, Masterspec now references both the MOTSAM and TCD documents as they may have to be read together. However we believe in case of conflict the TCD Manual probably should take precedence, but this may be on a case by case basis.
The following Masterspec sections have been updated:
- 5811 SIGNS & DISPLAYS (available in Standard, Landscapes and Interiors)
- 8261 ROADMARKINGS AND SIGNS (available in Standard, Landscapes and Structural & Civil)
Share this article with your friends