CREATE A NEW OFFICE MASTER BY CLONING AN EXISTING SPECIFICATION
As an option for specifiers, Masterspec offers the ability to clone an existing specification into an Office Master. You must be registered on your practice account as an Office Master manager to be able to do so, and your Masterspec Master Admin Manager will be able to add you if necessary.
An Office Master is a base specification document that forms the bones of a project-specific specification or a specific part of your specification that you like to use often. The functionality streamlines the process by allowing you to create a specification from work you have already completed. When you use any existing Office Master to create a specification you must remember it is necessary to edit it to become specific to the new project you are working on.
| 1. Click TAB Office Masters, Office Masters Manage. |
| || |
| 2. Click Create NEW Office Master. |
| || |
| 3. Chose the option "Clone an existing Specification Document". Choose the existing specification you wish to clone in the drop down box. |
| || |
| 4. Click Add. The system will establish a new Office Master and bring through any flagged updates that may be required. |
| || |
5. Continue to create/edit the Office Master as you would normally, remembering to use the tilde (~) to identify where information is required.
NOTE: When you clone a specification to create a new Office Master delete any work sections from the document you don’t need. The remaining work sections will then need to be edited from the original “project specific” back to a generic form that contains the structure of the specification but allows future editing to reflect the style and requirements of the specific design.
Also please note that attachments and the appendix from the original specification will not be drawn though into the new Office Master. This is because by definition each Office Master is generic - new documentation should be sourced and attached to reflect the specific details for each new specification created.
ADD A WORK SECTION FROM AN OFFICE MASTER INTO YOUR CURRENT SPECIFICATION
An Office Master does not have to be a complete A-Z specification. Sometimes you may have a section or group of sections that you wish to use often, especially for practice-specific construction approaches. This is easily done by
- saving a copy of the original as an Office Master (as above) and
- while still registered as an Office Master manager, open the saved Master, then delete everything except the sections required
- re-name the Office Master to be process specific.
From then on you can use that Process Office Master whenever you wish to add to your new specification
- In your NextGen2 project select the Office Masters Tab (next to the Masterspec Systems tab)
- Select the Master containing the section you wish to add
- Click on any section name included in the Master. If there is a Q&A complete the process and select Add
- The Section will be added to your specification. Make your changes and updates as normal
- Select Masterspec Systems tab to add new worksections