This month we are covering Standards updates on a number of; different pipe materials, minor electrical appliance applications as well as a Gypsum Lining Standard.
VARIOUS PIPE STANDARDS
AS/NZS 2566.2:2002 Buried flexible pipelines - Installation: Amendment 3:2018.
This amends the formula for pipelines <750mm diameter in Appendix O, but does not affect the Masterspec sections
AS/NZS 3518:2013 - Acrylonitrile butadine styrene (ABS) compounds, pipes and fittings for pressure applications: Amendment 1:2018.
Amendments to testing, calibration, certification and sampling. NZBC only cites AS/NZS 3518:2004 so Masterspec sections don't change except for guidance about the new version.
The following Standards have amendments to testing, calibration, certification and sampling that do not affect references to those Standard in Masterspec sections:
- AS/NZS 2642.1:2007 - Polybutylene (PB) plumbing pipe systems - Polybutylene (PB) pipe extrusion compounds: Amendment 1:2018
- AS/NZS 5065: 2005 -Polyethylene and polypropylene pipes and fittings for drainage and sewerage applications: Amendment 2.
- AS/NZS 2642.3:2008 - Polybutylene (PB) plumbing pipe systems - Mechanical jointing fittings for use with polybutylene pipes for hot and cold-water applications: Amendment 1: 2018
- AS/NZS 1254:2010 - PVC-U pipes and fittings for stormwater and surface water applications: Amendment 3
- AS/NZS 2642.2:2008 - Polybutylene (PB) plumbing pipe systems - Polybutylene (PB) pipe for hot and cold-water applications: Amendment 1: 2018
AS/NZS 60335.2 103:2016 - Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Particular requirements for drives for gates, doors and windows: Amendment 1:2018
Note: AS/NZS 60335.2.103:2016 A1 supersedes AS/NZS 60335.2.103:2011on 30 June 2019, guidance about this has been added to Masterspec sections that continue to reference the current version. Guidance note added to affected Masterspec sections.
AS/NZS 60335.2 102:2018 (Excludes IEC text) - Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Particular requirements for gas, oil and solid-fuel burning appliances having electrical connections
Note: AS/NZS 60335.2.102:2018 supersedes AS/NZS 60335.2.102:2013 on 30 November 2021, guidance about this has been added to Masterspec sections that continue to reference the current version.
AS/NZS 60335.2 95:2015 (Includes IEC text) - Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2.95: Particular requirements for drives for vertically moving garage doors for residential use: Amendment 2:2018
The amendment takes effect from 30 November 2020, no change to Masterspec sections.
AS/NZS 2589:2017 - Gypsum linings - Application and finishing: Amendment 1.
Amendment 1 adds among other things details for supporting of butt joints of linings for level 3, 4 & 5 finishes. No change to Masterspec sections.