About Construction Information Limited
Construction Information Limited (CIL), operating as Masterspec, is New Zealand's market leader in specification systems, related information and supporting software to the New Zealand construction industry.
The strength of CIL's product offering is enhanced by the company’s 100% industry ownership through the New Zealand Institute of Architects, and the Registered Master Builders' Association.
Formed in 1995, CIL provides the Masterspec specification systems to architects, engineers, designers, utility companies, government organisations and tertiary institutions.
Products include seven fully-maintained Masterspec specification libraries with more than 1,000 work sections covering the entire construction process. More than 1,400 New Zealand design practices use our knowledge systems to specify an estimated $9 billion worth of building work annually. To complement the specification product Masterspec also offers:
- access to the full specification system via NextGen2, an industry-leading cloud-based (SAAS) platform
- a curated and maintained set of 600+ New Zealand construction- related Standards which can be accessed through live links within these work sections via a Standards NZ Online subscription
- the miproducts – a national product database, from which the Masterspec system draws up-to-the-minute product data for specifiers. Nearly 1,000 product manufacturers and suppliers are represented
- MasterKey – an advanced tool dynamically linking specifications to drawings through live keynotes
- a growing number of branded sections which are developed and then integrated into the specification system for Masterspec Product Partners
- a nationwide ongoing education and training program on specification-related matters
- access to the CBI (Coordinated Building Information) classification and coding system. CIL manages and maintains it as part of its commitment to the New Zealand construction industry
CIL's policy is to both respond to market needs and plan for the future, with a number of new specification and digital data connectivity products currently under development.