POSITION - SENIOR ARCHITECTURAL SPECIFICATION EDITOR - MASTERSPEC
- Senior Editor - suitable position for a Senior Architect (or equivalent)
- A full time position with the leading specification company
- Auckland location
- A new challenge and a different sort of working day (without the typical project demands)
New Zealand's leading construction specification system, Masterspec, require a senior Architect (or equivalent) as a specification team leader/editor/writer for the position of Senior Technical Editor, Masterspec is used by over 1,500 design organisations and provides specification facilities for over 230 manufacturers and suppliers, delivered through world class technology systems. The large range of construction materials and systems covered provide a varied and challenging mix of topics to be researched, investigated and documented.
This new role would suit a senior Architect (or equivalent), preferably experienced in using Masterspec and Word, and who enjoys research and it's practical application. You would work with a team of technical editors, using PC computers with; Word, data base and online (Masterspec NextGen) tools. Specific data base training will be provided, and you will be up and running in two days.
Main duties are:
- assisting the Managing Editor organise and support the technical editing teams’ work
- researching, writing and amending specification templates
- monitor industry developments and changes for effects on Masterspec
- researching and writing topical and/or technical articles for the industry
Preferred skills, experience and attributes:
- 10 years’ experience minimum preferred
- good English language and communication skills essential
- local industry design and construction knowledge essential
- good working knowledge of NZ Codes and Standards
- self-motivated and an effective team player / leader
- be a NZ permanent resident or hold a valid NZ work permit
Masterspec is a part of Construction Information Ltd, which is industry owned by respected organisations including NZIA, and has a strong industry-good focus.
For further information on the company and its services refer to: www.masterspec.co.nz.
If you want a new challenge and a different sort of working day, we look forward to hearing from you, apply in writing or contact:
Construction Information Ltd
09 631 7044
15th Jan 2020