POSITION - ARCHITECTURAL SPECIFICATION EDITOR AT MASTERSPEC
- Architect (or similar)
- A full time (or possible contract) position with the leading specification company
- Auckland location
- A different sort of working day
New Zealand's leading construction specification system, Masterspec, require a require a specification editor/writer for the position of Technical Editor. Masterspec is used by over 1,400 design organisations and provides specification facilities for over 200 manufacturers and suppliers, delivered through world class technology systems. The large range of construction materials and systems covered provide a varied and challenging mix of topics to be researched, investigated and documented.
This new role would suit an Architect/Architectural Designer etc, preferably experienced in using Masterspec and Microsoft Word, and who enjoys research and it's practical application. You would work with a team of technical editors, using PC computers with Word, data base and online (Masterspec NextGen2) tools. Specific database training will be provided, and you should be up and running in two days.
Main duties are:
- writing and amending specification templates
- researching and writing topical and technical articles for the industry
Preferred skills, experience and attributes:
- 5 to 10 years’ experience minimum
- good English language and communication skills essential
- local industry design and construction knowledge essential
- good working knowledge of NZ Codes and Standards
- self-motivated and an effective team player/leader
- be a NZ permanent resident or hold a valid NZ work permit
Masterspec is a part of Construction Information Ltd, which is industry-owned by respected organisations including NZIA, and has a strong industry-good focus.
For further information on the company and its services refer to: www.masterspec.co.nz.
If you want a new challenge and a different sort of working day, we look forward to hearing from you. Apply in writing or contact:
Construction Information Ltd
09 631 7044
31 July 2018