In a leap forward for New Zealand's construction industry, Masterspec, NZCIC, and the Construction Sector Accord proudly announces the successful launch of the digitised NZCIC Guidelines Responsibility Schedule (also referred to as the CIC Design Guidelines). What was once a static PDF document has now evolved into a dynamic, cloud-based online tool, thanks to all the mahi put in to getting this project across the line.
The new online tool enables real-time collaboration among multiple stakeholders, fostering efficiency and innovation in construction processes.
Key Features of the Digitised NZCIC Guidelines
- Health and Safety: The 2023 review of the guidelines amplifies the focus on Health and Safety, ensuring that industry practices align with the highest safety standards.
- BIM Integration: Building Information Modeling (BIM) is at the core of the new guidelines, enhancing project visualization and coordination.
- Carbon Considerations: Acknowledging the industry's commitment to sustainability, the updated guidelines incorporate considerations for carbon footprint reduction.
- Māori Design Processes: In a groundbreaking move, the guidelines now integrate Māori Design Processes, developed in partnership with Ngā Aho, the collective of Māori design professionals.
The journey to this digital milestone has been a collaborative triumph, with kudos extended to the entire sector for their dedication. Special thanks to NZCIC and CSA for entrusting Masterspec with the responsibility to bring this vision to life.
Benefits for the Industry
- Real-time Collaboration: The cloud-based tool enables seamless collaboration among architects, engineers, contractors, and other stakeholders in real time.
- Interactive Features: The new guidelines provide an interactive experience, making it easier for users to navigate and access relevant information swiftly.
- Accessibility: Say goodbye to static documents. The digital tool is accessible anywhere, anytime, fostering efficiency and flexibility in construction processes.
As the construction industry continues to evolve, this digital transformation sets the stage for a more connected and innovative future. Masterspec remains committed to empowering the industry through cutting-edge solutions and collaborative initiatives.
Here are some of the images as it was presented to the parliament on Wednesday, 29 November 2023.
- Visit the resource page: https://nzcic.co.nz/resources/nzcic-guidelines/
- Training videos: https://masterspec.co.nz/Online-NZCIC-Training-Series/7380/
- Create an NZCIC account: https://masterspec.co.nz/NZCIC-Registration/7379/