BIM Tools and Technologies
Building Information Modelling is key to the success of New Zealand's construction industry future. As an industry-owned organisation Masterspec are at the forefront of developing systems that support the sharing of multiple forms of construction data on a single digital platform.
Masterspec's long term planning allows us to build for tomorrow while meeting the needs of the construction industry today. Currently we have two connectivity streams actively operating.
MasterKey Specification Driven Keynoting
Masterspec's NextGen2 Operating platform.
The development of Masterspec's online specification system has been driven by the recognition that data connectivity will be vital to the efficient and successful use of BIM and other construction data.
Based on a latest-technology SQL server, the system accesses not only its own database but other sources of useful information to help the specifier. These include:
- New Zealand Standards via a Standards Online subscription
- Office Masters and all current and previous practice specifications
- Manufacturer's product information live from their website, including (optionally) drawings, technical data, maintenance information, environmental data, installation instructions and colour ranges
- Manufacturer's Product Technical Statement - a single mouse click will draw this into the system and attach it to the contract documentation
- A direct Contact form that automatically delivers a copy of the work section to the manufacturer
- Over 980* pre-written work sections including hundreds of sections written in consultation with manufacturers that include specific product range detail and options.
As the adoption of BIM and other construction data progresses, Masterspec's goal is to continue to facilitate the connectivity of these sources for end users.
Learn more about the Masterspec workspace and Libraries.
MasterKey dynamically connects your Revit® or ArchiCAD® project with your Masterspec specification document by drawing correctly numbered keynotes directly from the Masterspec system into your project ready for use.
If you make a change to the selections in your specification MasterKey queries Masterspec, notes the change, and then gives you the option to update some or all of the matching keynotes throughout the drawing set with a single click of the mouse.
This connectivity will continue into MasterKey 2 with even greater control over keynoting from the Masterspec interface.
Find out more about MasterKey.