Scheduling Office Masters
Masterspec’s Scheduling function automatically provides lists of all sections containing clause headings related to operation and maintenance, shop drawings, as built documents and warranties. .
However you may have existing Office Masters or wish to clone existing work sections from older specifications yet to be updated with the correct clause headings. This page deals with how you can add clause functionality to Office Masters and change clause titles so that scheduling will pick up a section and add it to the appropriate specification schedule..
Scheduling works by via four General Scheduling work sections that search the specification for key words located within work section clause headings. If any are found the section containing the clause will be listed. The scheduling work sections are:
- 1235 Shop Drawings
- 1237 Warranties
- 1238 As Built Documentation
- 1239 Operation and Maintenance
If you have yet to add the scheduling in your Office Master simply add these four work sections - the scheduling operation is automatic.
Run the Update Manager to include the scheduling key phrases for existing sections – these will be highlighted by the Updates Available icon when you open your project. These include the correct scheduling key words and phrases that will trigger adding the section into the correct schedule.
If you'd like to clone an existing work section from an old specification into a new project you will need to ensure the section contains the correct clause headings to trigger the Scheduling function. There are two ways to do this
Option One - Trigger the Scheduling Function when a schedule-type clause exists.
If your work section already contains a clause referring to either Shop Drawings, Warranties, As Built Documentation or Operations and Maintenance, all you need to is ensure the correct key words are present in the clause heading to trigger the Scheduling tool. The correct key words/phrases are:
WARRANTY - MANUFACTURER/SUPPLIER
WARRANTY - INSTALLER/APPLICATOR
AS BUILT DOCUMENTS
INFORMATION FOR OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE
OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE MANUALS
MAINTENANCE CONTRACT PROPOSAL
Note that the wording MUST BE EXACT - 'Shop-Drawings' with a hyphen will not trigger the Scheduling tool.
Option Two - Add the Scheduling Function by adding a Scheduling Clause.
If your existing work does not contain a schedule clause but you wish to add one you can use a Clause Template in Masterspec. With the clause you are working on in EDIT mode add a clause containing the correct wording.
- At an appropriate place in the Part 1 General tab of the section, select "Add a new Clause (Above or Below)" in the pop-up window make sure you have selected the Add Clause tab.
- Select from the drop-down list of Clause Templates the type of clause you would like to add.
- The system will populate the clause with pre-written text and guidance text for the clause
- Select Save Clause - the clause will be inserted into the section and the numbering updated.
- Update the clause information to suit the project.
Do not change the clause heading wording as this may result in Scheduling ignoring the section
If you are updating an existing Office Master that includes General Sections then you need to replace them with the updated General sections.
- BEFORE YOU DELETE ANY SECTIONS ADD THE NEW SECTIONS TO YOUR OFFICE MASTER
- Copy any changes you had made in the old General sections to the updated sections, then DELETE the old versions of the sections from the specification.
- Adding the updated sections will mean schedules will now be automatically created.
- Save your work, then check the schedules tab on Shop Drawings, Warranties, As Built and Operations & Maintenance to ensure everything from your specification is included in the new schedules.
- Run the Update Manager on the Office Master to ensure all clause headings include the correct key words and phrases.