Commenting on your work section
Commenting on a work section means that the supplier has the ability to comment on your section, but cannot alter or edit any of its contents.
Unlike edit mode, or replace, this means you cannot use the update manager to include content automatically into your specification. This can be done manually with copy and paste but might prove to be time consuming if there are a lot of changes.
Commenting is a great way to receive suggestions or information on how to best use the system making your project more project specific and accurate.
To begin, select the Contact button directly above your branded work section.
- Select the Commenticon.
- Project Profile: Select the appropriate building function that best represent your project. This includes the basic project parameters pertaining to wind zone, corrosion zone, earthquake zone and total established project value.
- Additional Information or Questions for the Supplier: You may choose to provide additional information that is pertinent or helpful to the supplier when specifying. You can use this like the text function on your phone to clarify or ask the supplier a question.
- Select Submit Request on completion. From here, a chat window will automatically populate on your screen linking you with the supplier.
- The status of your work section in the blue panel will read "not yet reviewed". Once the supplier starts editing your request, the work section will read "initiated working on a response at time and date" in the blue status.
When the supplier has finished writing the work section, you will be notified in the following ways
- A partner icon that flashes in the index
- With a message icon on the top of your masterspec screen next to your name and login details.
There will now be more functions available in the action panel to review or import the content.
Selecting View enables you to view the suppliers comments, the author who commented and the time stamp. These will not print on your specification when exported.
Select Review & Import.
To copy the comments onto your specification, firstly ensure you're in edit mode. Right click and copy the comment text. At this time you can either drag the small window out of view, or select x to close it. Paste the comment under the required clause in your work section.
Once you have copied the required comments to your work section, close the window (x) on the top right hand corner.
You will now see the previous window, with selections of View and New Request on the top.
New Request enables you to advise the supplier that you need additional information and allows them to add additional comments to your work section. Write your comment in the text box under Additional information or questions for Supplier title and select Submit Request. Your question will populate in the chat window which the supplier can answer.
If you would like to review the comments made on the work section. Select Contact History (a) to display all correspondence. Select View to review all past comments within the work section.
DISCLAIMER: Please note the disclaimer for all design professionals. (b)
The disclaimer confirms that Suppliers will not be aware of all the projects circumstances and conditions, they are providing content to you with limited project details. You must use your professional judgement to access the content, check it's validity, and then decide if you want to include this content as your own. You have full editing rights and the ability to change any of the content from the suppliers after you have imported it into your specification.