The Specification Workspace
The Specification workspace mirrors the four panels of the Project workspace
On the left is the panel to manage work sections – when you start from Blank the column will be empty.
- On the left is the panel to manage work sections – when you start from Blank the column will be empty.
- Once added, the work sections are listed in CBI order - the data here matches the Contents page of the specification output.
Project details are in the centre panel – project name, address, project reference etc. Note here that it’s currently Open for Editing.
- Along the top are tabs that allow you to Export, Update details, add to the Contract Appendix or Manufacturers Details and view the Map of the project.
- To change any of the Project details shown select the Update tab
- This area is also the main workspace where specification work sections will be displayed and edited.
The third section holds the Masterspec Libraries, available Office Masters and Office Projects.
- To find a section, click on the tab…..then work through the topics displayed. Or you can search for a work section using the Search field.
- You can Search by name or number - the result displays in two parts
- The first part results contain the searched term in the Subject Name
- The second part lists all work sections where the terms occur in anywhere in the work section content.
The last panel links to the miproducts National Product Database search, CBI Codes and Related Products
- Plus a scratch board to copy text to.
- There is also a Feedback link, available on every Masterspec page. Feel free to ask questions or send any helpful tips.