Create, Add or Delete a Clause
The Masterspec system doesn't limit you to the number of clauses in a work section, or to what content is in those clauses.
This freedom to edit your specification to your exact project details helps make Masterspec one of the most powerful specification tools anywhere in the world.
Creating Entire Custom Clauses
- Click on the grey arrow for the drop down box, click on Add a New Clause Above or Below.
- Choose the Custom Clause tab and type in a custom title (the system will automatically set case to caps) and enter your custom content.
- Click Save Clause
- You can also use this to Add a Schedule clause and start the Scheduling function in the specification
TIPS AND TRICKS: Renumbering clauses - Every time you add or delete a clause the system will automatically re-number the clauses. If you want to force the update press the Refresh button.
Reinstate a Masterspec Clause
If you have deleted a Masterspec clause deliberately or as part of the Q&A process, you can reinstate that clause easily
- Where you would like the new clause to appear click on the grey arrow for the drop down box, click on Add a New Clause Above or Below.
- Click on Reinstate Masterspec Clause tab to add in a clause that has been either deleted during the Q&A process or removed. This is easily recognised by the blue Insert link.
Adding a new Clause Group Above
- Click on the grey arrow on the right of the clause for the drop down box, click on Add New Clause Group Above
- This will add in a new Clause Group above the current clause – used as a section header between groups of clauses.
Cloning a Clause
- Click on the grey arrow on the right of the clause for the drop down box, click on Clone this Clause.
- Cloning will automatically repeat the clause word for word and insert it into your work section, and re-structure clause numbering to suit.
- Cloning is primarily used in the SELECTIONS tab where you have many products of a similar nature.
Deleting a Clause
- Click on the grey arrow on the right of the clause for the drop down box, click Delete This Clause
- Deleting a clause will remove the whole clause including any guidance notes and will re-number the section automatically when you reload or add a new section.
- Warning - There is no Undo to this action.