The Work Section task bar
Along the top of the specification Work Section is the Specification Task Bar. From here you can easily perform a number of common tasks
The Manage and Print tab loads a new toolset along the top of the main panel. This allows you to manage your project details and export your specification.
The View Mode allows you to quickly view all sections with some limited functionality
The Outline Mode lists the section titles and clause headings only. It also allows you to move those clauses up and down - just drag and drop to change the clause order. The document numbering automatically updates when the document is refreshed.
The Edit Mode tab sets the specification for editing and turns on the full set of editing tools.
The Edit Tools are to the right of the Task Bar.
The editing tools are:
- The refresh button
- Re-run/merge the Q&A
- Editor notes on/off
- Guidance notes on/off
- Print this work section
- Delete this work section
In the More Tools dropdown are:
- Remove highlighting - all clauses
- Spell check the document
- Edit work section setup
- Create a custom work section
Note that every Masterspec work section is divided into four parts:
- The General Section with Requirements, Definitions, Referenced Documents and Standards, and other Requirements
- The Products Section sets out the Materials and Products to suit the requirements of the design
- Execution covers Conditions and Application of the systems involved and any Completion instructions
- And the Selections, with specific data on Performance, Materials, and the systems being specified