The Specification Workspace
Depending on your choices when creating the specification it will initially load with sections already loaded or as a blank specification.
The blank specification has all the Project details loaded. The specification Work Space consists of:
- The Index or Workflow area on the left, listed in CBI order - the data here will match the Contents page of the specification output
- The main Work space - this is where specifications are displayed and edited
- The Masterspec Libraries and available Office Masters and Office Projects
- Links through to the miproducts National product database, CBI Codes and Related Products
The work space panels in more detail:
- The Workflow or Work section List. Note at the beginning this column shows empty until work sections are loaded from the Masterspec Libraries
- The Specification Details
- The Project Information, including the Author and Masterspec ID - you can use this ID when referencing your work to the Masterspec Help team
- The Status of the Specification, including its change history
- The work sections arranged in CBI Code order. NOTE the final panel, the Product database, is hidden behind a Toggle switch - pressing the toggle will swap out the work section library with the Product Database.
Each Masterspec Library is broken up into functional tabs according to a logical building process - this follows usual CBI guidelines.
You can also Search for individual sections by name or number - the result will display in two parts
- The first will list sections that contain the searched terms in the Subject Name of work Sections
- The second lists all work sections where those terms occur in the Content
The Menu Bar along the top of the work space displays
- An overview of the specification (the default view)
- Export tools to control and output your specification
- An Update tab allowing you to edit the Project and Specification setup details
- The Contract Appendix - files uploaded here will be attached to the specification and form part of the Contract
- The Manf Info tab allows you to attach technical information from manufacturers and product suppliers in support of the specification
- Keynotes - if you have subscribed to the MasterKey keynoting tool and linked this specification to your drawings you will see this tab. This will allow you to create spec-level keynote (one not necessarily attached to a section or clause)
- Map - this shows the actual location of the project.